College: Emory University, Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 1982.
Graduate School: Emory University, Master of Science in Physical Chemistry, 1982.
Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, 1986.
Internship / Residency:
Internal Medicine, Emory University Affiliated Hospitals Program, 1989.
Nephrology, Clinical Fellowship, Yale University School of Medicine, 1990.
Nephrology, Research Fellowship, University of Tennessee School of Medicine, 1992.
Current Diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
Current Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine, in Internal Medicine & Nephrology.
- Runyan, K., Duckworth, W.C., Kitabchi, A.E., et al: The Effect of Age on Insulin-degrading Activity in Rat Tissues. Diabetes 28:324-5, 1979.
- Duckworth, W.C., Gifford, D., Kitabchi, A.E., Runyan, K., et al: Insulin Binding and Degradation by Muscles from Streptozotocin-diabetic Rats: Diabetes 28:746-8, 1979.
- Duckworth, W.C., Runyan, K.R., Wright, R.K., et al: Insulin Degradation by Hepatocytes in Primary Culture. Endocrinology 108: 1142-7, 1981.
- Runyan, K.R., Gunn, R.B.: The Generation of Steady-State Rate Equations for Enzyme and Carrier-Transport Mechanisms: A Microcomputer Program. Methods in Enzymology 171: 164-190, 1989.
- Wall, B.M., Runyan, K.R., Williams, H.H., et al: Characteristics of vasopressin release during controlled reduction in arterial pressure. J Lab Clin Med 124(4): 554-63, 1994.
- Huch, K.M., Runyan, K.R., Wall, B.H., et al: Hemodynamic response to vasopressin during V1-receptor antagonism in baroreflex-deficient subjects. Am J Physiol. 268 (1 Pt 2): R156 – 63, Jan. 1995.
- Wall BM, Huch K.M., Runyan K.R., Williams H.H., Gavras H., Cooke C.R., Effects of vasopressin V1-receptor blockade during acute and sustained hypovolemic hypotension. Am J Physiol. 270 (2 Pt 2): R356 – 64, Feb. 1996.